Thursday, October 18, 2007

I've seen this movie before...

Here we go again. We have less than two weeks to settle this budget and yet we do virtually nothing. This week, the most important bill we did in the House was an act to create a "checkoff" box on your tax return to donate to breast cancer research. Yesterday, we came to session only to be told, "No voting today".

None of the departmental budgets have been passed yet. This is incredible. Oh, by the way, we are still $440 million short. The Dems don't know how to say "no" to ANY of the tax-consumers. Who is going to get cut?

We are setting up to have another marathon session.

Look for October 31st to be a scary night. I guess I won't be out taking my kid 'trick-r-treatin' this year. I will be here on the House floor, fighting off the blood-sucking vampires who are here to drain the life out of the taxpayers.


No comments: