Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Release Mr. Perks!

During this long debate over whether to raise taxes or not, a large (trailer size) pink pig, affectionately named "Mr. Perks" has been parked on the front walkway of the Capitol building. Written on his side in a large font were the words "NO to Lansing's TAX HIKE".

Out of apparent frustration, the city of Lansing has been parking a large fire truck in front of Mr. Perks to block him from the view of passing motorists.

Today, Mr. Perks was hauled off (to jail?) by a truck. Nobody seems to know who took him or where he really is. But I think we might be able to call him the first political prisoner in this tax battle. So far, no ransom note has been found. Leon Drolet is keeping his phone line open in case the pig-napper calls with terms of release.

If you know anything of his whereabouts, please call the Lansing Police Department!

3 comments:

micahdk said...

Hey Jack! I found ya!!! I'll let you know if I hear anything about "MR. Perks". Josiah is in Lansing every day now of course and he told me that he's got his ear to the ground in listening for new developments.If either of us hear something, we will of course contact the Lansing police immediately!!! ; )

Have a great week!

Micah Kissling

Anonymous said...

I bet it was Mulhern!

Anonymous said...

That is fabulous, I love it!!