Monday, November 26, 2012

How to Protect Your Parental Rights From UN Control

A five-year old boy comes home from kindergarten class with a new book bag from his teacher. Included in the bag is a book entitled "My Two Dads", a book about "diversity and alternative lifestyles". The parents do not want their five-year-old exposed to this material. They meet with the principal who first tells them they may not opt their child out of the class. After further discussion with the superintendent, the father is held in the office, the police are called, and he is put in cuffs and taken to the station to be booked.
This story is true. You can watch it and others on the website Click here to view the short, 7-minute trailer.
Your fundamental rights to raise and nurture your children as you see fit is under threat. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) would empower children to virtually do whatever they please without interference from their parents. Its effect would be binding on American families, courts, and policy-makers.
Under the provisions of the UNCRC:
  • Children would have the ability to choose their own religion while parents would only have the authority to give their children advice about religion.
  • The government could override every parental decision if a government worker disagreed with the parent's decision.
  • Children would have the right to reproductive health information and services, including abortions, without parental knowledge or consent. 
What is needed to stop this insidious international law from taking effect in the United States? We believe the Constitution needs to be amended to include fundamental parental rights.
The first step in that process is passage of a resolution in the Michigan Legislature. Rep. Dave Agema introduced HCR 11 last year. It has since passed the House and is now sitting in the Senate Government Operations Committee.
If this resolution is not passed by the end of the year, it will die and need to be re-introduced next year. Please help us get the resolution passed n the Senate. here is what you can do:
  • Write a short, respectful letter to Senator Randy Richardville, Chairman of Government Operations Committee. Ask him to take this resolution up in his committee before the end of the year.
  • Sign our online petition, expressing your support for the Resolution.

No comments: