- Reduce legislative calendar to 100 days (Jan-May).
- Pay legislators only for the days they are in Lansing working.
- Reduce pay to 1999 level of $56,981 annualized, paid as a per diem.
- No expense account, only reimbursement for travel to Lansing and lodging.
- Prohibit any general tax increases unless passed by 2/3 majority.
By doing this, business will get done by May 1st. Municipalities and schools will know what their budget is BEFORE their budget year starts. Instead of taking 365 days to get 100 legislative days completed, it will take 100 days. This will save the state at least $35 million per year and make the government more accountable and efficient.
To learn more go to: http://parttimemichigan.googlepages.com