Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Grassroots Activist, Ready to Serve

For the last six years I have done my best to represent you in Lansing on the issues of limited government, low taxes, personal responsibility and individual liberty. My goal was to stand on my principles and leave with my integrity intact. I went to Lansing to be a public servant and an activist, not a politician. The word politician has taken on the connotation of someone who has compromised his values and sold his good name for personal gain.

An "activist" on the other hand is someone who advocates or opposes a cause or issue vigorously, especially a political cause. I have worked actively to keep taxes low and government small. I actively pursued better quality education, protection of private property rights, the second amendment and the right to life. I actively supported the Michigan Civil Rights Initiative.

I would hope that when you talk to the people in Lansing or those who supported me financially, they would tell you I couldn't be bought. Contributors gave because they respected and supported me for my principles.

I am a candidate for chairman of the Republican Party, running as a grassroots public servant and an activist. I intend to be accountable to the principles that guide me and the good Republicans who elect me.

It has been said that money is the mother's milk of politics, but without strong principles, the recipient will only be corrupted by it. Just ask Rod Blagejovich.

Before serving in the legislature, I was a salesman, manager, and director of a non-profit organization. I have never been a "professional politician." As your party chairman, I will work tirelessly for the good of the entire Republican Party. Coercion, backbiting, and divisiveness will not be tolerated. If we are to once again become leaders in this state we must be unified and willing to work together as one team.

I look forward to serving this great party. I am committed to unifying the grassroots under the banner of conservative principles. If we all pull together, utilizing the financial and human resources at our disposal, we will start winning again.


No comments: