Thursday, August 23, 2007

Clueless

I write this from the House floor at 1:15 a.m. Yes, it is the middle of the night. We started 12 hours ago. In that time period, we have voted exactly 20 times and passed exactly 7 bills. You probably don't care, and it would be hard to fully explain the procedures involved, but suffice to say, I am quite sure "we" do not know what we are doing. Certain individuals need to go to school and learn Mason's Rules of Parliamentary Procedure.

This is the most surreal day I have experienced in my 4 and a half years in the House. It is a day I will tell my grandchildren about...and their eyes will glaze over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A 12 hour day? You know what State workers call that? Monday.

RightMichigan.com said...

I worked for the state for a while... mad dash for the door at 4:55 PM every day. Monday's included. Just like everywhere else.

Drove me crazy.

But hey, anonymous, I'm sure you're an exception.

*Note* My personal experience is not meant to imply I know that EVERY state worker runs for the door at 4:55 pm every work day. Just that Lansing is a ghost town by the time the clock hits 5.

--Nick
www.RightMichigan.com