Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Stepping out of the Race

I am writing today to announce my decision to withdraw from the race for Party Chairman. This comes after a great deal of careful consideration and discussion with close friends and family. I congratulate Ron Weiser for his strong and successful campaign. I wish him well in his new role as chairman and pledge to do what I can to help strengthen the party and deliver victory in 2010.


I am stepping out of this race, but not out of the political arena. I intend to do my part to help make the party stronger and more unified under the banner of "less government, low taxes and individual responsibility." I will be sending newsletters and blogs to let you know what those "rascally Democrats" in Lansing are up to; things you aren't likely to read about in the newspaper.


I am happy to report that I have been offered a position that allows me to fight for some of those basic freedoms that all Republicans believe in and which our constitution protects. I will share the details of my new assignment soon. Until then, thank you to everyone who encouraged me in this race. Over 900 of you endorsed the effort. I will always be grateful for that.


I pledge to uphold the values and ideals that you hold dear and I encourage you to stay engaged in the pursuit of returning the Republican Party to its rightful place as the party of limited government and personal responsibility. God bless all of you. If you have any questions or input, please call me at 269-806-4626.



UPDATE: Troy Rolling is running for Grass Roots Vice-Chair of the Michigan Republican Party. Please watch his video here and consider supporting him for Grass Roots chair. I wholeheartedly endorse his candidacy and look forward to the new life he can help breathe into the Republican Party.


No comments: